VOCF’s vision is to create and multiply inspiring model communities with the following characteristics:
- 10 families, primarily from lower to lower-middle incomes.
- Approximately 10 acres of land (purchased, donated, leased, or held in trust).
- Pre-fab, energy efficient homes. These homes can be assembled by supervised teams (sweat equity) in just one week. These homes can also be unassembled years later if necessary.
- Community managed water, sanitation and energy (near or fully net-zero).
- Integrated community farm: agriculture, chickens and other animals.
- Multi-purpose community center (Meetings, IT, classes, etc.).
- Community covenant, that includes values for work ethic and sustainable living.
We currently have agreements with:
- 360Nativus, a local architectural firm specializing in sustainable architecture and landscape, is the USA distributor for a Korean manufacturer of pre-fab homes. While the initial homes will be manufactured in Korea and shipped to the USA, the manufacturing will increasingly shift to local manufacturers and suppliers in the USA.
What we need is:
- Land. Our concept is to make model communities accessible to lower income families and replicate them, so the idea of leased or trust land is particularly attractive.
- Networks with like-minded groups and expertise, especially in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest.
- Startup Capital. To purchase and assemble at least two model homes in partnership with 360Nativus.
If you have interest in contributing or being a part of this vision, please contact us at “Info@vocf.net”.
** The Picture for this project is a sample of a prefab home by the manufacturer used by 360Nativus, but the specific designs are being adapted to the USA market.