VOCF’s vision is to create and multiply inspiring model communities with the following characteristics:
- 10 families, primarily from lower to lower-middle incomes.
- Approximately 10 acres of land (purchased, donated, leased, or held in trust).
- Pre-fab, energy efficient homes. These homes can be assembled by supervised teams (sweat equity) in just one week. These homes can also be unassembled years later if necessary.
- Community managed water, sanitation and energy (near or fully net-zero).
- Integrated community farm: agriculture, chickens and other animals.
- Multi-purpose community center (Meetings, IT, classes, etc.).
- Community covenant, that includes values for work ethic and sustainable living.
What we need is:
- Land. Our concept is to make model communities accessible to lower income families and replicate them, so the idea of leased or trust land is particularly attractive.
- Networks with like-minded groups and expertise, especially in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest.
- Startup Capital. To purchase and assemble at least two model homes in partnership with 360Nativus.
If you have interest in contributing or being a part of this vision, please contact us at “Info@vocf.net”.